Hackensack Rideshare Accident Attorney
A rideshare accident can have a devastating impact on your life. These collisions can lead to serious physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial hardship. If you are injured in a rideshare accident, you deserve justice.
The attorneys at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC have decades of experience advocating for the rights of injured people. Our Hackensack rideshare accident lawyers have the skills and experience necessary to secure the settlement that you deserve.
Why Choose Our Hackensack Rideshare Accident Lawyers for Your Case
- Our firm has represented injured people in New Jersey for over 50 years and recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts.
- Rideshare accident cases can be very complex. Your Hackensack rideshare accident lawyer will have the skills and experience to prepare you for each stage and identify your optimal path to compensation.
- We take all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we do not secure a settlement in your case, we will not charge you any legal fees.
Legal Options Available After a Rideshare Accident in Hackensack
If you are injured in a rideshare accident, you could have multiple options to recover compensation. However, your optimal course of action will depend on the cause of the accident and what the rideshare driver was doing at the time of the crash.
- If the rideshare driver was at fault but not logged into the app, you could file a third-party claim against the driver’s personal insurance policy.
- If the driver was at fault for the accident, logged into the app, and either transporting a passenger or on the way to pick up a passenger, you could file a claim against his or her personal coverage or the rideshare company’s commercial liability insurance policy.
- If someone other than the rideshare driver was at fault, you could pursue a claim under your own insurance coverage or against the at-fault driver’s policy if you meet the state’s serious injury thresholds.
You may wonder if you could file a lawsuit after a rideshare accident. If your damages exceed the insurance coverage, you could pursue a claim against the at-fault driver to recover the remaining amount. However, you generally cannot file a lawsuit against Uber or Lyft directly.
Steps to Take After a Rideshare Accident
The moments after a rideshare accident can feel overwhelming. To protect your future case, it is important to stay calm and seek help as soon as you can.
First, call 911 and report the accident to law enforcement officials. Seek medical care as soon as possible and save your records. If you can, document evidence at the scene by taking pictures, speaking to witnesses, and exchanging license and insurance information.
You should also ask the driver to verify his or her app status if you have not done so already. Look to see if there are any passengers in the car. If you were a passenger, take screenshots of the app to verify the status.
Contact a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Hackensack Today
Were you injured in a Hackensack rideshare accident? You may qualify for an insurance claim or lawsuit. In these situations, you need an attorney on your side who can fight for your right to compensation.
The Hackensack rideshare accident lawyers at Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC can help you seek justice. Contact us today to schedule your case consultation and explore your optimal path to recovery.