Are Expert Witnesses Necessary in Rideshare Accident Cases?
Accidents involving rideshares can be tricky, involving a different course of legal action than most accidents, which can prove complicated and overwhelming for the accident victim. Understanding insurance options in New Jersey and how your choice of coverage applies to rideshare cases is best tackled by experts. Contacting the premiere team of Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC, specializing in rideshare accidents, is your first step in pursuing legal action when you are involved in a rideshare accident in New Jersey.
Insurance Coverage and Rideshare Accidents
New Jersey requires drivers to carry minimal coverages, including liability insurance and personal insurance protection (PIP) coverage. The type of insurance policy purchased by a driver, either basic or standard, and the options chosen for a standard policy, will play a critical role in coverage. Additionally, coverage in an accident involving a rideshare driver is determined by several key factors.
When your medical expenses exceed your personal protection coverage or other insurance policy coverages, you will need help establishing your claim, which may benefit from an expert witness. Rideshare companies are prepared to fight legal battles when it comes to accidents. Knowing how to pursue a claim and whose insurance is responsible for the damages incurred can lead to confusion and frustration for the victim, which only benefits the rideshare and insurance industry.
The Role of Expert Witnesses
Expert witnesses make significant contributions in supporting the facts of a case in a rideshare accident. Their value to a claim can be critical because their knowledge allows them to provide specialized proficiency acquired through years of education and training that enables them to offer expert testimony in court and consultation with an attorney representing the injured party. The testimony of an expert witness can have a profound effect on the outcome of a claim because of their ability to explain complicated medical and legal situations, helping the jury understand complex damages and liability matters.
There are several types of expert witnesses that a rideshare accident attorney may call to support a claim.
Types of Expert Witnesses in Rideshare Accidents
- Testifying Experts: Called as witnesses in a case and explain complex components of a claim, offering clarity to a jury
- Consulting Experts: Assists a rideshare accident attorney during a case, helping with the preparation by providing information on technical and medical topics
- Accident Reconstruction Experts: Will sometimes work in reverse to document and analyze evidence at the scene and develop conclusions about accident events, often submitting reports and even developing 3D recreations of the accident to offer compelling evidence
- Vocational Experts: Explain to a jury why the victim is no longer able to perform various vocational tasks or can no longer function in a work role because of a permanent disability
- Financial Expert: Establishes and assigns a value to substantial ongoing or non-economic damages
New Jersey Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Rideshare companies are part of a large industry prepared to tackle legal issues, often putting the victim in a compromised situation. The insurance industry’s goal is minimal payout when an accident happens. Debts can continue to mount, making the circumstances appear hopeless.
A compassionate team will understand the difficulties you face and work to develop representation that supports your claim. Brady, Reilly & Cardoso, LLC is willing to work with expert witnesses to provide the critical testimony your case needs. Your legal options matter to us, and we will fight for you to receive the compensation you deserve.